Don Hill represents small, medium, and large businesses and individuals in both routine and complex litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the country. He also advises companies in business transactions, regulatory compliance, banking, oil and gas, and employment law matters.
Don began proving himself as a leader from a very young age. He served in our country’s military for 9 years as a paratrooper and Infantryman, two of which were active duty in the United States Army, and seven more in the Army National Guard in Texas. After his military service, he put himself through college, earning a BBA in three years even while serving in the Army National Guard. While working full-time as a buyer of aircraft major subsystems for a leading military aircraft manufacturer, Don earned his MBA and transitioned to a buying position in the pharmaceutical and over-the-counter drug wholesale industry.
Don then earned his law degree and immediately began providing top tier representation to clients in a wide array of legal areas. Prior to founding Rowlett Hill Collins LLP, Don worked as an associate at a major international law firm and as a partner in a large regional law firm based in Dallas. Today, Don remains more committed than ever to delivering high-quality advice and results, and the distinctly personal client service that has defined his professional relationships with those that trust him with their most important business matters.
Don is married and has two children. He enjoys fly-fishing, hiking, sports activities, and spending time with his family at their home in the Lakewood neighborhood of Dallas.
- Business Litigation and Civil Appeals
- Banking and Finance Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law
- Oil and Gas
- Texas, 1998
- Colorado, 2005
- J.D., University of Houston
- M.B.A, University of North Texas
- B.B.A. cum laude, University of North Texas, Finance and Banking
- 2 X Rising Star Honoree, Texas Super Lawyers Magazine
- Staff Sergeant, Texas National Guard
- Army National Guard TX, 86-93, Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol Leader, Paratrooper, Jumpmaster
- Active Duty, Army, 84-86, Infantryman, 101st Airborne, Division (Air Assault); Distinguished Honor Graduate and “Road March Champion” of his Air Assault School Class (1985)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Advisory Board, University of North Texas College of Education (2006-2012)
Pro Bono Work
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (1998-2003)
- Student Summer Intern Program Committee, Dallas Bar Association (2000-2004)